Wednesday 10 August 2011

I love to feather!

I love to quilt feathers.  I think every quilter finds a quilting pattern they just have to use whenever possible.  For me that pattern is feathers.

Today I finished quilting a quilt based on a pattern from Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting, January/February 2011 magazine.  The original quilt is called China Girl.  The quilt had a lot of different shaped background areas that I just had to fill with feathers.


A medallion feather for this spot.


A funky feather in a straight line for this area.


And a feather in this box that looks an awful lot like a flower.



Of course I did add a continuous feather on the border.  I will show you the finished quilt when I get the binding on it.

For those of you who are quilting feathers, remember, they are just half a heart.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful long arm work. Im here from Lily's Quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to hire someone to stitch on vintage material.

    ReplyDelete