Tuesday 13 November 2012

Fun with Rulers

Today I want to share with you a quilt I recently finished for Barb.  She made this quilt as a gift for her Mom, who is also a friend of mine.  I wanted it to be special so I decided to try out a new ruler.


I started with this block.


I quilted in the background.


I used a regular ruler to find the centre of the block and then used an arc ruler to make a shape that reminds me of the christmas ornament my Grandmother used to hang.



I had a lot of fun trying something new!



11 comments:

  1. Just when I thought my straight line quilting was looking pretty good, you come up with this! Lol
    Amazing Linda. She will be so pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. !your quilting is excellent !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Linda. Loved this quilt!!!! Linda T

    ReplyDelete
  4. i didnt even know there was such a thing! wow looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilt!! Love the quilting!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilting Linda!! xo
    Sherry L

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your quilting on this one!

    ReplyDelete