Sunday 29 December 2013

Stash Busters Quilt Along Week 18

This weeks block was requested by JoAnn.  Thanks for the great idea!


JoAnn saw this "Grey Goose" block on Bonnie Hunter's blog.


This is an antique quilt that Bonnie had taken a picture of.


To make the block you will need 3 1/2" strips of fabric.  Read all the way through the post before you start cutting, I have given you a few different options for making the block.  For this version cut four Companion Angle units and eight Easy Angle units from each fabric.  Assemble as shown below.


When I was looking through a few of my books, I found the version below bookmarked to include in this quilt along.


This version needs six Companion Angle units and four Easy Angle units from the background fabric.  From scrappy 3 1/2" strips cut sixteen Easy Angle units.  Assemble as shown.




Just in case this isn't enough selection, check out this block.


It is another version that I just couldn't resist.


Now you have to pick which is your favourite and go for it!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow. This is a great one! Gotta love those blocks that look hard but arent! Thanks once again. Next post next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no now I'm three behind.l. I'll need to hurry and catch up. SOON looks like an interesting block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete