Friday 18 April 2014

Chance of Flowers

Today I am linking up with Finish it up Friday with my latest finish, "Chance of Flowers."


The Granny Square pattern is available here.  I found it through the Moda Bake Shop.  It just happens to be one of Amanda Jean's patterns from Crazymomquilts.


I quilted it with an overall leaf pattern in Lime Green.

I have often been asked what is the hardest part of being a long arm quilter.  Well, let me show you.


The hardest part is being a mechanic on my machine.  I have a very simple Gammill, thank goodness.  The first time I had a switch go, I almost had heart failure.  Now…..


I grab a new switch, transfer the wires one at a time, and put the switch back in place.  Why one at a time, well, if you don't there is a big chance you will mix them up.  That is why I now know where the fuse is located on my machine.  LOL!!!!!  It really wasn't that funny at the time. I can change a check spring almost as fast as a switch.  Luckily it doesn't happen as often, but I no longer panic when it does.

9 comments:

  1. I don't think you know how to panic... Lovely quilt Linda. Good job. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute quilt! The Granny Square is one of those quilts perpetually on my bucket list. They always look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you can understand why I'm afraid to rewire old motors and foot controls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute quilt and I really like the quilting design. Did you do it free motion or is that one of the ......don't know what you call it....plastic thing to trace the design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rock! We know who to call when we get our gammils!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do everything related to quilting! Impressive for sure : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt looks great especially with the lime green thread.
    Glad you know what to do with the machine. Saves having a technician make a house call!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice quilt, love the design and fresh green borders, makes a unique quilt, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chance of Flowers is lovely! Great design you've quilted it with. I never would have thought about the maintenance and repairs you have to do on a longarm, and can imagine a feeling of panic when something goes wrong that first time.

    ReplyDelete