Friday 21 August 2015

Flying Away

This quilt was a challenge I gave myself.  Work flying geese blocks into a colour play quilt, and then come up with a different way to quilt each block.  I had read an article about three different ways to quilt a flying goose.  Surely I could think of more than three ways.


I snapped this picture on the way home from our latest holiday to Whistler.


The colours all play nicely together.  My Moda scrap bin came in really handy with this one.


The binding was finished one evening sitting in the camper.  The finished quilt will go into my trunk show for the machine quilting class.  Yes, I did come up with twenty different ways to quilt a flying goose.



While in Whistler we travelled to the top of both Whistler and Backcomb.  I've heard that we should all try to do one thing a day that scares us.  Well, the open chair lift to the top of Whistler had me a little scared.  All went well and we had a delightful walk around the back of the mountain back down to the Gondola.  The views were stunning but with the smoke in the air the pictures just don't turn out as nice as I would like.

Linking up with Finish It Up Friday!

7 comments:

  1. Such a pretty quilt - and scenery! Flying geese are my favorite. I'd love to see all the different ways you quilted them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, This type of quilt is on my to do list. You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those geese are just fabulous!

    I'll bet the views were amazing. We've been to Whistler and it was so pretty up there. I can only imagine how frightening an open chair lift to the top would be. YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great job Linda... You continue to amaze me. My plan is to be as great as you!
    Choke ... Did I just say that? No, I so enjoy seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks really good - worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful quilt and awesome views!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have a pattern for this??

    ReplyDelete