Friday 14 July 2017

Here We Go Again

Once again the wildfires in BC are dominating all our thoughts.  The weather seams to be cooperating a little today so lets all hope that the evacuees can safely return to their homes soon!


The Quilt Store in Newmarket Ontario produced this great Northcott block.  A friend was attending Quilt Canada and snapped up the kit for me.  Every Canadian Quilt needs a hockey player!


The binding went on this little nine patch quilt today.  The main fabric is a Hoffman digital print.  Batiks make up the rest of the quilt.


I did manage to get a little quilting done for friends this week.  Fran left me lots of room to play on her Blue and Yellow floral quilt.



Katja is kitting this quilt up and asked me to quilt it for her.  I played with a new to me type of texture.  A dark Grey thread was the only colour that I had that worked on this one.

Have a great day and stay safe out there!

Linking up with Finish it up Friday.

4 comments:

  1. More beautiful work by my beautiful friend. I want to be able to quilt like you one day Linda... sadly I don't think I'll live long enough to get a handle on this. I'm trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilting is just beautiful! I love the hockey player too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the hockey block, esp with the Canadian prints!
    The fire info doesn't seem accurate on the maps i've been using, which route would you take if you were travelling to U.S from Prince George? We were planning to cross at oroville, but not sure now! I sure hope evacuee's are settling back in theor homes!

    ReplyDelete